Summers in the Northland are a glorious thing. You can spend all day playing in under the warmth of the sun beside (or in!) our big, beautiful lake. But when the moon rises and your littles are still somehow awake, you’ll want to end the day with something that doesn’t involve water balloons, melting popsicles, or four more layers of dirt, grime, sunscreen, and bug spray. Toss the kids in pajamas and head out to watch a family movie on the big screen.
Movies In The Park
Starting July 7-August 24 weather permitting. Fridays at sunset in Leif Erikson Park.
- July 7th : Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them
- July 14th : Over the Hedge
- July 21st : Secondhand Lions
- July 28th : Jurassic Park
- August 4th : The Secret Life of Pets
- August 11th : Marley & Me
- August 18th : Alvin & the Chipmunks
- August 25th : Sing!
Check out the link for ratings!
Movies are free, snacks are available from vendors.
Need to entertain the crew on a rainy day? You can also catch inexpensive feature films indoors throughout the summer.
- June 11-12, 14: The Secret Life of Pets
- June 18-19, 21: Rock Dog
- June 25-26, 28: Sing!
- July 2-3, 5: A Dog’s Purpose
- July 9-10, 12: The Lego Batman Movie
- July 16-17, 19: Trolls
- July 23-24, 26: Monster Trucks
- July 30-31, Aug 2: Curious George
- August 6-7, 9: Storks
- August 13-14, 16: Smurfs: The Lost Village
Starting June 11-August 16. Sunday, Mondays and Wednesdays at 10 AM
Admission is only $3, snacks are available for purchase.
Movie on the Mat
Woodland Community Center–
- July 1st: Monsters vs. Aliens
- August 5th: Rio
5:00 PM at the Woodland Community Center 3211 Allendale Avenue, Duluth 55803.
Cost is $5/family.
Students and Faculty members!
$5 Thursdays are still happening at Marcus Theaters! Show your ID and get a $5 movie ticket, and a free 46 oz popcorn! Good for students of all ages, faculty and staff!
Check out Marcus Theaters for listings and other details!
Pssst- they also have upgrade a ton of seats, into really comfy loungers!!